18 May 2019
In view of recent phone calls from breeders, the TBC Race will be moved back to Sunday December 1st – Shipping Saturday November 30th.
The race date is moving back a month so TBC can accept birds up to a later date of 15 July 2019.
So, if you wanted to send birds but got a late start breeding – TBC will be accepting birds up to 15 July 2019.
28 March 2019
The vND (Virulent Newcastle Disease) quarantine DOES NOT affect the TBC race. Sonoma County is NOT in the quarantine zone. The quarantine zone is more than 400 miles away.
11 March 2019
Because of the extended cold weather in many parts of the country –
TBC has extended the date to receive birds to June 15th.
13 February 2019
Thanks for joing this years’ race.
You can use PayPal for your payment but you MUST select “Family and Friends“. Otherwise there is a percentage deducted by PayPal from your submission which makes your entry short of the required amount.
When using PayPal, please use Mike Garrett’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
04 February 2019
Birds Are Now Arriving!
There Are Only 30 Spots Left!
So, If You Want To Participate In The Little Race With The
Sign Up Now
10 January 2019
2019 TOP BREEDER CHALLENGE
2 BIRD LIMIT – PLUS ONE BACKUP BIRD
FLYING FROM THE SOUTH – MAGIC MOUNTAIN RELEASE – 350 MILES
26 OCTOBER 2019
The 2019 Top Breeder Challenge Is Taking Reservations For The Second Annual Race:
PLEASE CONTACT MIKE CAMBRA DIRECTLY VIA PHONE 707.291.7217
10 January 2019
2019 Top Breeder Challenge
Is Now Open For New Breeder Registration
PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SEND BIRDS ON SATURDAY – HIGHLY RECOMMEND BREEDERS SEND BIRDS ON MONDAY, TUESDAY, AND RISKY ON WEDNESDAY IF YOU’RE OUT OF STATE. WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR ENTRIES GETTING THE BEST CARE AND FOUR DAYS IN A SHIPPING BOX IS NOT A GOOD START FOR YOUR VALUABLE ENTRIES. MAKE SURE YOU PUT MIKE CAMBRA AND MIKE GARRETTS PHONE NUMBER ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR SHIPPING BOX
ALL Updates Will Now Be Posted On Wincompanion Under The “Updates” Category.
Please Click On Updates or Wincompanion On The Menu At The Top Of This Page
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PERCH FEES (IF NOT ALREADY PAID) AND RULES & INFORMATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM WITH YOUR SHIPMENT. YOU CAN ONLY SEND BIRDS TO MIKE CAMBRA’S ADDRESS. BUT PLEASE WRITE MIKE CAMBRA’S AND MIKE GARRETT’S PHONE NUMBER ON THE SHIPPING FORM/BOX.
Birds Powered By Volkman Seed Factory, Ceres California
“TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE”
ONE LOFT RACE
“TWO BIRD LIMIT”
WITH ONE BACKUP
AND SOLE PROPRIETOR OF TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE
AU ALL AMERICAN MIKE CAMBRA
It Is Very Important To Read This Entire Document – THERE IS NEW INFORMATION – ONE BACKUP BIRD, POSSIBLE BACKUP RACE, FLYING FROM THE SOUTH, DIFFERENT EARLIER RECEIVING DATES, 100 MILES ACTIVATION RACE – ALL NEW FOR THIS YEAR
PLEASE READ ALL RULES
– It Includes ALL Rules, Requirements, Fees, Schedules, Forms, And Prizes For This Event. Summarized Information Can Be Accessed By Clicking on The “Updates” On This Site Menu Or The “Updates” On The Wincompanion Site Menu.
The Wincompanion Link Is Fully Operational. Wincompanion Includes Updates, Breeders, Birds, Results, Reservations, And Sign Up Links.
Please Click On The WINCOMPANION LINK At The Top Of This Page To Make Your Reservations.
1. There will be a two bird limit per breeder AND ONE BACKUP. One “A” bird, one “B” bird, and ONE BACKUP. Nominate your “A” and “B” bird two weeks before race.
2. Perch fees: One Bird $250. Two birds $300. Perch fees are non-refundable and must be sent with your entries. An Acknowledgement of Rules and Information form Click Here must be sent with perch fees. Fees can be paid in advance to reserve your spot. THERE ARE NO PERCH FEES FOR YOUR BACKUP BIRD.
3. TBC will only be accepting 300 birds between February 1 until April 15 and replacement birds until June 15th.
4. Entry fee for “A” Race $1000. Entry fee for “B” Race $500. If there are enough BACKUP birds left, there MAY be a Backup Race which will be released with the “B” birds. Entry for the Backup Race will $250 paid out 50-30-20 in clocking order. THE BACKUP RACE IS SOLELY DEPENDENT ON THE NUMBER OF BACKUP BIRDS REMAINING PRIOR TO THE MAIN EVENT ON 26 OCTOBER 2019.
5. Entry fees to be paid NO LATER THAN 4 OCTOBER 2019 (PRIOR TO 100 MILES ACTIVATION RACE) – NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be an “A” AND “B” RELEASE- Two separate races released 30 minutes apart.
6. Breeders who send two birds will nominate their “A” and “B” birds NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT SUNDAY (that’s 2400 Sunday for folks who know the 24 hour clock). After that time, TBC manager will assign the birds according to training record, e.g., better record will go in “A” Race. Breeders sending two birds and who lose a bird; that one remaining bird automatically goes into the “A” Race. Backup bird automatically goes to the “B” race IF the breeder still has an “A” race bird. If the breeder has only the Backup bird remaining; it is automatically placed in the “A” Race.
If you send only one bird, you are automatically in the “A” race. You cannot enter the “B” race only – entries are progressive – you must have a bird entered in the “A” race if you want to ALSO enter the “B” race.
7. All entry fees will go toward prize money. Any birds lost prior to shipping will result in the breeder having their entry fee refunded; if previously paid.
8. Our race will be flown from the South Course 325 to 350 miles depending on race day weather conditions from Magic Mountain – just north of Los Angeles. We’re trying this direction because of the increasing number of hawk hits on large teams of birds on the East course. The race is planned for Saturday, October 26 2019.
9. All birds belong to Breeders/Owners of entry or entries, no buy backs, no auctions.
10. All birds returning from the race will be shipped back to the owners free of charge. “NO RETURN SHIPPING FEES”. Those outside the continental U.S. are excluded and will receive up to a $60 credit for shipping.
11. Must be 21 years of age to enter.
12. TBC will not be responsible for birds lost as a result of unforeseen events.
13. Loft manager, MIKE CAMBRA reserves the right to make any and all final decisions.
14. MIKE CAMBRA reserves the right to refuse entry to any breeder or attendee at his discretion.
15. All birds that do not have their entry fees paid the night of shipping will become property of TBC and will be sold. First come/first served basis. New owner pays $1.00 for the bird or birds and the bird(s) entry fees. ALL BIRDS ENTERED WILL GO TO THE RACE UNLESS THE BIRD IS NOT PAID FOR, INJURED, OR UNFIT TO FLY THE RACE. YOU CANNOT DECIDE TO WITHDRAW YOUR BIRD BECAUSE YOU DON’T LIKE WHERE IT HAS PREVIOUSLY PLACED IN TRAINING. YOU CAN, OF COURSE, ELECT NOT TO PAY THE ENTRY FEE – HOWEVER, IF YOU DO THAT TBC BECOMES THE OWNER OF THAT BIRD AND YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR BIRD BACK. ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU FAIL TO PAY THE ENTRY FOR AN “A” BIRD YOU CANNOT FLY THE “B” RACE AND THAT BIRD ALSO BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF TBC. I THINK MOST SENSIBLE PEOPLE REALIZE THAT IN ONE LOFT RACING, YOU CANNOT HAVE BREEDERS WITHDRAWING BIRDS BECAUSE THEIR BIRD IS DOING POORLY IN TRAINING AND THEN DEMAND THEIR BIRDS BACK – THIS IS NOT REASONABLE BY ANY MEASURE. AGAIN, YOU CAN DECIDE NOT TO PAY ENTRY FEES ON YOUR BIRD BUT THE BIRD THEN BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF TBC. I REGRET THE DISSERTATION, BUT WE HAD THIS EXACT SCENARIO LAST YEAR AND DON’T PLAN TO HAVE IT HAPPEN AGAIN – IT’S NOT FAIR TO THE OTHER BREEDERS AND IS JUST NOT GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP.
16. Prize money will be computed depending on how many birds are shipped to the “A” and “B” Races. There will be a “TOP BREEDER” Bonus for the breeder with the best average speed bird. Unlike last year, the prize will be determined depending on the number of birds going to the “A” and “B” race combined. This means the breeder must have a bird entered in both races and both birds must clock to be eligible for the Bonus. Prizes for the Backup Race, if flown, will be based on the number of birds shipped to the Backup Race.
*If 100 birds are shipped to the “A” race: 1st place $40,000. 2nd $10,000. 3rd $5,000. 4th $5,000. 5th $5,000. 6th through 10th $2500. 11th through 30th $1,000. If the 1st drop is more than 1 bird the prizes will be split equally between the number of birds, based on the cumulative value of the prizes on the drop e.g., 5 birds in the first drop will be awarded equal shares of the value of 1st through 5th place. After the 1st drop, the prizes will be awarded in clocking order.
*If 50 birds are shipped to the “B” Race: 1st Bird $10,000. 2nd Bird $2500. 3rd Bird $2,000. 4th through 12th $1,000. The same “drop rule” applies as noted for the “A” race.
17. All birds will be vaccinated for P.M.V. and have their 8th, 9th, and 10th flights clipped upon arrival.
18. The Loft manager, Mike Cambra and his assistant – Mike Garrett are not permitted to enter birds in the race.
19. WINCOMPANION will be used for our clocking system. All other information will be on that site for breeders to follow.
20. Daily information on your birds and training days will be posted on Wincompanion.
21. There will be a waiting list after the loft is full with our max 300 birds limit. 2018 breeders will have first chance entries for 2019. Registration and perch fees must be sent in by March 15th. After that date, entries will open up for waiting list breeders until the max bird limit is reached.
22. W-9 forms Click Here must be filled out to collect any and all prizes won that are over $600.00. No W9 form – no payout!
23. All checks made out to: TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE/SOC
Required Forms Must Be Mailed or E-Mail To To Mike Cambra. W9 Forms Must Be In Our Possession No Later Than 2 Weeks Prior To Shipping Night Of The Race
BIRDS MUST BE SHIPPED TO MIKE CAMBRA
CHECKS MUST BE SENT TO MIKE CAMBRA
– ONLY –
The Acknowledgement Form Must Be Completed, Signed, And Submitted Along With Your Perch Fees Prior To, Or With All Birds Shippped To Top Breeders Challenge Loft.
SIGN UP NOW – 2 BIRDS AND A NO PERCH FEE BACKUP!
TBC WILL BE LIMITED TO 100 LOFTS AND 300 BIRDS (200 PERCH FEES – 100 BACKUPS). 2018 BREEDERS WHO ENTERED TBC IN 2018 HAVE PRIORITY UP TO THOSE MAXIMUM NUMBERS. OTHERS WILL GO ON THE WAITING LIST UNTIL 15 MARCH 2019.
3415 Kastania Road
Petaluma, CA 94952
Any questions please call Mike or Mike