14 September 2020
VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE
As the proprietor and loft manager of the Top Breeder Challenge, I have made the decision to cancel the 2020 race and propose a yearling race to be flown in the first/second week of May 2021.
While this may not be what some fanciers like, my primary responsibility is the care and training of your birds. As most of you probably know, we have had weeks of very heavy smoke due to the massive fires in the northern California area. On many days, you cannot even see the sun. Training or racing birds in this environment would result in significant losses and likely damage the bird’s lungs and air sacs. I cannot in good conscience, train or even loft fly the birds on a routine basis under the current conditions; which will likely continue for a few more weeks.
I would like to fly a yearling race in May 2021. I will continue with loft flying and training when the conditions improve. My intentions are to get the birds up to 100 miles before the winter rains set in. We would pick up road training again in March and be ready for the race in the first or second week of May 2021.
I would greatly appreciate your, the breeders, input concerning the proposed yearling race. Your feedback will determine whether or not we have a yearling race, so please let me know within the next seven days.
Mike Cambra at: 707.291.7217
Mike Garrett at: firstname.lastname@example.org
02 September 2020
Training has started with first toss at 3 miles. Fires up north are 85% contained. Smoke has been bad with maybe 1/4 mile visibility.
Yesterday was a good quality air day. TBC will start posting results once the birds are out to 20-25 miles.
The smoke and air quality will determine if the birds are tossed or not
17 August 2020
Top Breeder Challenge Training Will Commence 01 September 2020
28 May 2020
TBC is extending the shipping of birds to 1 July 2020 due to the lifting of the Newcastle Virus in the Southern California region effective 1 June 2020
25 May 2020
The birds are loft flying in a group and the health is great. There will be an inventory around 1 June 2020
Replacement birds, if needed, can be sent by 15 June 2020
26 March 2020
You can still ship your birds to California. Apparently there’s been some rumor going around that the Post Offices weren’t accepting birds for shipment. That’s not correct. You can still ship your birds and they can still be picked up upon arrival.
22 March 2020
We understand the serious nture of the Coronavirus and hope all your families are safe.
At Top Breeders Challenge we are “Shelter In Place” but are still accepting birds and are extending acceptance date.
New Acceptance Date is:
31 May 2020
13 February 2020
TBC is now receiving BIRDS
100 BREEDERS EQUALS $100,000 WHICH EQUALS HUGE PAYOUT!!
100% OF ENTRY MONEY RECEIVED PAID OUT IN PRIZES
$50,000 GUARANTEED FIRST PLACE
(100 “A” BIRDS GOING TO THE RACE)
BEST PAYOUT IN ANY OLR WITH A 2 BIRD LIMIT AND ONE FREE BACK UP BIRD.
COMPETE AGAINST 100 BIRDS WITH A CHANCE AT $50,000
RACE WILL BE:
NOVEMBER 8TH FROM BATTLE MOUNTAIN NEVADA
ELEVATION 4511 FEET – 350 MILES – THE COURSE IS DUE EAST FROM PETALUMA OVER THE SIERRA MOUNTAINS (8,500 FEET)
22 December 2019
The 2020 Top Breeder Challenge Is Taking Reservations For The
Third Annual Race:
TO BE FLOWN ON 01 November 2020
Race Distance 350 Miles Receiving Birds February 15 – May 15 2020 Taking Reservations Now
THERE IS NO QUARANTINE in Northern California
$100,000 In Prize Money With 100 Breeders Signed Up
2 BIRD LIMIT WITH ONE BACKUP (NO PERCH FEE ON BACKUP)
PLEASE CONTACT MIKE CAMBRA DIRECTLY VIA PHONE 707.291.7217
2020 Top Breeder Challenge
Is Now Open For New Breeder Registration
So, If You Want To Participate In The Little Race With The
Sign Up Now
— Below Information Will Be Edited For 2020 Race —
PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SEND BIRDS ON SATURDAY – HIGHLY RECOMMEND BREEDERS SEND BIRDS ON MONDAY, TUESDAY, AND RISKY ON WEDNESDAY IF YOU’RE OUT OF STATE. WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR ENTRIES GETTING THE BEST CARE AND FOUR DAYS IN A SHIPPING BOX IS NOT A GOOD START FOR YOUR VALUABLE ENTRIES. MAKE SURE YOU PUT MIKE CAMBRA AND MIKE GARRETTS PHONE NUMBER ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR SHIPPING BOX
ALL Updates Will Now Be Posted On Wincompanion Under The “Updates” Category.
Please Click On Updates or Wincompanion On The Menu At The Top Of This Page
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PERCH FEES (IF NOT ALREADY PAID) AND RULES & INFORMATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM WITH YOUR SHIPMENT. YOU CAN ONLY SEND BIRDS TO MIKE CAMBRA’S ADDRESS. BUT PLEASE WRITE MIKE CAMBRA’S AND MIKE GARRETT’S PHONE NUMBER ON THE SHIPPING FORM/BOX.
Birds Powered By Volkman Seed Factory, Ceres California
“TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE”
ONE LOFT RACE
“TWO BIRD LIMIT”
WITH ONE BACKUP
AND SOLE PROPRIETOR OF TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE
AU ALL AMERICAN MIKE CAMBRA
It Is Very Important To Read This Entire Document – THERE IS NEW INFORMATION – ONE BACKUP BIRD, POSSIBLE BACKUP RACE, FLYING FROM THE SOUTH, DIFFERENT EARLIER RECEIVING DATES, 100 MILES ACTIVATION RACE – ALL NEW FOR THIS YEAR
PLEASE READ ALL RULES
– It Includes ALL Rules, Requirements, Fees, Schedules, Forms, And Prizes For This Event. Summarized Information Can Be Accessed By Clicking on The “Updates” On This Site Menu Or The “Updates” On The Wincompanion Site Menu.
The Wincompanion Link Is Fully Operational. Wincompanion Includes Updates, Breeders, Birds, Results, Reservations, And Sign Up Links.
Please Click On The WINCOMPANION LINK At The Top Of This Page To Make Your Reservations.
1. There will be a two bird limit per breeder AND ONE BACKUP. One “A” bird, one “B” bird, and ONE BACKUP. Nominate your “A” and “B” bird two weeks before race.
2. Perch fees: One Bird $250. Two birds $300. Perch fees are non-refundable and must be sent with your entries. An Acknowledgement of Rules and Information form Click Here must be sent with perch fees. Fees can be paid in advance to reserve your spot. THERE ARE NO PERCH FEES FOR YOUR BACKUP BIRD.
3. TBC will only be accepting 300 birds between February 15 until May 15 and replacement birds until June 15th.
4. Entry fee for “A” Race $1000. Entry fee for “B” Race $500. If there are enough BACKUP birds left, there MAY be a Backup Race which will be released with the “B” birds. Entry for the Backup Race will $250 paid out 50-30-20 in clocking order. THE BACKUP RACE IS SOLELY DEPENDENT ON THE NUMBER OF BACKUP BIRDS REMAINING PRIOR TO THE MAIN EVENT ON 08 NOVEMBER 2020.
5. Entry fees to be paid NO LATER THAN (TBD) (PRIOR TO 100 MILES ACTIVATION RACE) – NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be an “A” AND “B” RELEASE- Two separate races released 30 minutes apart.
6. Breeders who send two birds will nominate their “A” and “B” birds NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT SUNDAY (that’s 2400 Sunday for folks who know the 24 hour clock). After that time, TBC manager will assign the birds according to training record, e.g., better record will go in “A” Race. Breeders sending two birds and who lose a bird; that one remaining bird automatically goes into the “A” Race. Backup bird automatically goes to the “B” race IF the breeder still has an “A” race bird. If the breeder has only the Backup bird remaining; it is automatically placed in the “A” Race.
If you send only one bird, you are automatically in the “A” race. You cannot enter the “B” race only – entries are progressive – you must have a bird entered in the “A” race if you want to ALSO enter the “B” race.
7. All entry fees will go toward prize money. Any birds lost prior to shipping will result in the breeder having their entry fee refunded; if previously paid.
8. Our race will be flown along the East Course from Battle Mountain, Nevada 350 Miles. Adjustments in the distance will be made depending on race day weather conditions.The race is planned for Sunday, November 8, 2020.
9. All birds belong to Breeders/Owners of entry or entries, no buy backs, no auctions.
10. All birds returning from the race will be shipped back to the owners free of charge. “NO RETURN SHIPPING FEES”. Those outside the continental U.S. are excluded and will receive up to a $60 credit for shipping.
11. Must be 21 years of age to enter.
12. TBC will not be responsible for birds lost as a result of unforeseen events.
13. Loft manager, MIKE CAMBRA reserves the right to make any and all final decisions.
14. MIKE CAMBRA reserves the right to refuse entry to any breeder or attendee at his discretion.
15. All birds that do not have their entry fees paid the night of shipping will become property of TBC and will be sold. First come/first served basis. New owner pays $1.00 for the bird or birds and the bird(s) entry fees. ALL BIRDS ENTERED WILL GO TO THE RACE UNLESS THE BIRD IS NOT PAID FOR, INJURED, OR UNFIT TO FLY THE RACE. YOU CANNOT DECIDE TO WITHDRAW YOUR BIRD BECAUSE YOU DON’T LIKE WHERE IT HAS PREVIOUSLY PLACED IN TRAINING. YOU CAN, OF COURSE, ELECT NOT TO PAY THE ENTRY FEE – HOWEVER, IF YOU DO THAT TBC BECOMES THE OWNER OF THAT BIRD AND YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR BIRD BACK. ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU FAIL TO PAY THE ENTRY FOR AN “A” BIRD YOU CANNOT FLY THE “B” RACE AND THAT BIRD ALSO BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF TBC. I THINK MOST SENSIBLE PEOPLE REALIZE THAT IN ONE LOFT RACING, YOU CANNOT HAVE BREEDERS WITHDRAWING BIRDS BECAUSE THEIR BIRD IS DOING POORLY IN TRAINING AND THEN DEMAND THEIR BIRDS BACK – THIS IS NOT REASONABLE BY ANY MEASURE. AGAIN, YOU CAN DECIDE NOT TO PAY ENTRY FEES ON YOUR BIRD BUT THE BIRD THEN BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF TBC. I REGRET THE DISSERTATION, BUT WE HAD THIS EXACT SCENARIO LAST YEAR AND DON’T PLAN TO HAVE IT HAPPEN AGAIN – IT’S NOT FAIR TO THE OTHER BREEDERS AND IS JUST NOT GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP.
16. Prize money will be computed depending on how many birds are shipped to the “A” and “B” Races. There will be a “TOP BREEDER” Bonus for the breeder with the best average speed bird. Unlike last year, the prize will be determined depending on the number of birds going to the “A” and “B” race combined. This means the breeder must have a bird entered in both races and both birds must clock to be eligible for the Bonus. Prizes for the Backup Race, if flown, will be based on the number of birds shipped to the Backup Race.
*If 100 birds are shipped to the “A” race: 1st place $50,000. All other following prizes are projected but may be adjusted. 2nd $10,000. 3rd $5,000. 4th $5,000. 5th $5,000. 6th through 10th $2500. 11th through 30th $1,000. If the 1st drop is more than 1 bird the prizes will be split equally between the number of birds, based on the cumulative value of the prizes on the drop e.g., 5 birds in the first drop will be awarded equal shares of the value of 1st through 5th place. After the 1st drop, the prizes will be awarded in clocking order.
*If 50 birds are shipped to the “B” Race: 1st Bird $10,000. 2nd Bird $2500. 3rd Bird $2,000. 4th through 12th $1,000. The same “drop rule” applies as noted for the “A” race.
17. All birds will be vaccinated for P.M.V. and have their 8th, 9th, and 10th flights clipped upon arrival.
18. The Loft manager, Mike Cambra and his assistant – Mike Garrett are not permitted to enter birds in the race.
19. WINCOMPANION will be used for our clocking system. All other information will be on that site for breeders to follow.
20. Daily information on your birds and training days will be posted on Wincompanion.
21. W-9 forms Click Here must be filled out to collect any and all prizes won that are over $600.00. No W9 form – no payout!
22. All checks made out to: TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE/SOC
Required Forms Must Be Mailed or E-Mail To To Mike Cambra. W9 Forms Must Be In Our Possession No Later Than 2 Weeks Prior To Shipping Night Of The Race
BIRDS MUST BE SHIPPED TO MIKE CAMBRA
CHECKS MUST BE SENT TO MIKE CAMBRA
– ONLY –
The Acknowledgement Form Must Be Completed, Signed, And Submitted Along With Your Perch Fees Prior To, Or With All Birds Shippped To Top Breeders Challenge Loft.
SIGN UP NOW – 2 BIRDS AND A NO PERCH FEE BACKUP!
TBC WILL BE LIMITED TO 100 LOFTS AND 300 BIRDS (200 PERCH FEES – 100 BACKUPS). 2018 BREEDERS WHO ENTERED TBC IN 2018 HAVE PRIORITY UP TO THOSE MAXIMUM NUMBERS. OTHERS WILL GO ON THE WAITING LIST UNTIL 15 MARCH 2019.
3415 Kastania Road
Petaluma, CA 94952
Any questions please call Mike or Mike