09 November 2018
2019 TOP BREEDER CHALLENGE
26 OCTOBER 2019
The 2019 Top Breeder Challenge Is Taking Reservations For The Second Annual Race:
PLEASE CONTACT MIKE CAMBRA DIRECTLY VIA PHONE 707.291.7217
The 2018 Top Breeder Challenge Wincompanion will be archived shortly and breeders will be able to sign up there for 2019. For now, please contact Mike Cambra with your reservations
DETAILS FOR THE 2019 TBC ARE FORTHCOMING WITH A FEW RECOMMENDED CHANGES INCLUDING ADDRESSING THE RULES FOR “BACK-UP” BIRDS
31 October 2018
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THE TBC RACE THIS YEAR!
Thank you to all who called/wrote/texted/attended and expressed your interest and appreciation for the management and hard training of the birds.
Like you, we wish the 200 miler had gone better – but everyone knows pigeon flying can be like doing archery in the wind – you aim as straight as you can at the target, draw the bow, and release the arrow … and in spite of your best effort, the winds just knock it off course…..
Some pigeon fliers would say “well then don’t do archery in the wind” to them i would say “then leave your birds at home”……
this is what’s great about owning the website – i can pretty much say what i like
TBC will be making a few exciting changes for next year such as backup birds being sent with your entry so we don’t end up with 20-25 really young birds that have to catch up with the others. We think breeders really liked the 2 bird limit to keep everyone on the same playing field so we will be sticking with that. We will also be sticking with no more than 100 breeders allowed. From conversation with MOST breeders (never gonna make everyone happy) and a number of breeders who didn’t enter THIS year, we are anticipating a full house the next time around.
If you have any constructive comments we’d like to hear them. We’d ask that you put that in a text to Mike Garrett or Mike Cambra. When I say constructive I don’t mean “you guys suck and I’m not flying next year”. That kind of feedback doesn’t help us and we’re most likely just gonna hit “delete”. So, if you have a suggestion to improve the event we’d like to hear about it.
Thank you to everyone who entered the race and God bless you all.
It’s been a pleasure!
06 March 2018
PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SEND BIRDS ON SATURDAY – HIGHLY RECOMMEND BREEDERS SEND BIRDS ON MONDAY, TUESDAY, AND RISKY ON WEDNESDAY IF YOU’RE OUT OF STATE. WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR ENTRIES GETTING THE BEST CARE AND FOUR DAYS IN A SHIPPING BOX IS NOT A GOOD START FOR YOUR VALUABLE ENTRIES. MAKE SURE YOU PUT MIKE CAMBRA AND MIKE GARRETTS PHONE NUMBER ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR SHIPPING BOX
01 March 2018
ALL Updates Will Now Be Posted On Wincompanion Under The “Updates” Category.
Please Click On Updates or Wincompanion On The Menu At The Top Of This Page
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR PERCH FEES (IF NOT ALREADY PAID) AND RULES & INFORMATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM WITH YOUR SHIPMENT. YOU CAN ONLY SEND BIRDS TO MIKE CAMBRA’S ADDRESS. BUT PLEASE WRITE MIKE CAMBRA’S AND MIKE GARRETT’S PHONE NUMBER ON THE SHIPPING FORM/BOX.
We Are At 66% Capacity And Are NOW Accepting Birds From 1 March 2018 to 15 June 2018
Birds Powered By Volkman Seed Factory, Ceres California
“TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE”
ONE LOFT RACE
“TWO BIRD LIMIT”
AND SOLE PROPRIETOR OF TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE
AU ALL AMERICAN MIKE CAMBRA
It Is Very Important To Read This Entire Document – It Includes ALL Rules, Requirements, Fees, Schedules, Forms, And Prizes For This Event. Summarized Information Can Be Accessed Using The Site Menu.
The Wincompanion Link Is Fully Operational. Wincompanion Includes Updates, Breeders, Birds, Results, Reservations, And Sign Up Links.
Please Click On The WINCOMPANION LINK At The Top Of This Page To Make Your Reservations.
We Will Also Be Adding A Link To A Local Hotel For The Event Once We Have Selected An Appropriate Location.
1. There will be a two bird limit per breeder. One “A” bird and one “B” bird. Nominate your “A” and “B” bird two weeks before race.
2. Perch fees: One Bird $250. Two birds $300. Perch fees are non-refundable and must be sent with your entries. An Acknowledgement of Rules and Information form Click Here must be sent with perch fees. Fees can be paid in advance to reserve your spot.
3. TBC will only be accepting 200 birds between March 1 until June 15 and replacement birds until June 15th.
4. Entry fee for “A” Race $1000. Entry fee for “B” Race $500.
5. Entry fees to be paid two weeks prior to the race. “A” AND “B” RELEASE.
Two separate races released 30 minutes apart.
6. Breeders who send two birds will nominate their birds two weeks before the race; either in the “A” Race or “B” Race. Breeders sending two birds and who lose a bird; that one remaining bird automatically goes into the “A” Race.
If you send only one bird, you are automatically in the “A” race. You cannot enter the “B” race only – entries are progressive – you must have a bird entered in the “A” race if you want to ALSO enter the “B” race.
7. All entry fees will go toward prize money. Any birds lost prior to shipping will result in the breeder having their entry fee refunded; if previously paid.
8. Our race will be 325 to 350 miles depending on race day weather conditions. The race is planned for Saturday, October 27 2018.
9. All birds belong to Breeders/Owners of entry or entries, no buy backs, no auctions.
10. All birds returning from the race will be shipped back to the owners free of charge. “NO RETURN SHIPPING FEES”. Those outside the continental U.S. are excluded and will receive up to a $60 credit for shipping.
11. Must be 21 years of age to enter.
12. TBC will not be responsible for birds lost as a result of unforeseen events.
13. Loft manager, MIKE CAMBRA reserves the right to make any and all final decisions.
14. MIKE CAMBRA reserves the right to refuse entry to any breeder or attendee at his discretion.
15. All birds that do not have their entry fees paid the night of shipping will become property of TBC and will be sold. First come/first served basis. New owner pays $1.00 for the bird or birds and the bird(s) entry fees.
16. Prize money will be computed depending on how many birds are shipped to the “A” and “B” Races. There will be a $5,000 “TOP BREEDER” Bonus for the breeder with the best average speed bird. This means the breeder must have a bird entered in both races and both birds must clock to be eligible for the $5,000 Bonus.
*If 100 birds are shipped to the “A” race: 1st place $40,000. 2nd $10,000. 3rd $5,000. 4th $5,000. 5th $5,000. 6th through 10th $2500. 11th through 30th $1,000. If the 1st drop is more than 1 bird the prizes will be split equally between the number of birds, based on the cumulative value of the prizes on the drop e.g., 5 birds in the first drop will be awarded equal shares of the value of 1st through 5th place. After the 1st drop, the prizes will be awarded in clocking order.
*If 50 birds are shipped to the “B” Race: 1st Bird $10,000. 2nd Bird $2500. 3rd Bird $2,000. 4th through 12th $1,000. The same “drop rule” applies as noted for the “A” race.
17. All birds will be vaccinated for P.M.V. and have their 9th and 10th flights clipped upon arrival.
18. The Loft manager, Mike Cambra and his assistant – Mike Garrett are not permitted to enter birds in the race.
19. WINCOMPANION will be used for our clocking system. All other information will be on that site for breeders to follow.
20. Daily information on your birds and training days will be posted on Wincompanion.
21. There will be a waiting list after the loft is full with our max 200 birds limit. 2018 breeders will have first chance entries the following year. Registration and perch fees must be sent in by April 15th. After that date, entries will open up for waiting list breeders until the max bird limit is reached.
22. W-9 forms Click Here must be filled out to collect any and all prizes won that are over $600.00. No W9 form – no payout!
23. All checks made out to: TOP BREEDERS CHALLENGE
Required Forms Must Be Mailed or E-Mail To To Mike Cambra Or Mike Garrett. W9 Forms Must Be In Our Possession No Later Than 2 Weeks Prior To Shipping Night Of The Race
BIRDS MUST BE SHIPPED TO MIKE CAMBRA
– ONLY –
The Acknowledgement Form Must Be Completed, Signed, And Submitted Along With Your Perch Fees Prior To, Or With All Birds Shippped To Top Breeders Challenge Loft.
3415 Kastania Road
Petaluma, CA 94952
921 Sonoma Vista Drive
Sonoma, CA 95476
Any questions please call Mike or Mike