30 November 2020
The final Top Breeder Challenge Race will be Saturday, December 19, 2020 from Imlay Nevada – 300 Miles
Send your entry fee of $300 per bird to Mike Cambra or
Mike Garrett at PayPal:
email@example.com (send to friends and family)
If your bird is lost prior to shipping for the 300, your final entry fee will be refunded.
23 November 2020
Birds will go to Colfax one more time and then to Boreal Ridge. There will be four tosses at approximately 150 miles from Boreal Ridge.
Weather permitting, the race will be held in December 2020
There will be on race only, with ENTRY FEE of $300.00 per BIRD. No A,B,C race – JUST ONE RACE
The changed format is due to the limited number of birds going to the race. Any breeder or breeders that have lost all their birds prior to or after the fourth Boreal Ridge toss with be given a free perch fee for next year.
Please sen your entry fee of $300.00 to Mike Cambra via USPS or to Mike Garrett via PayPal.
ANY BREEDER THAT HAS PAID THEIR ENTRY FEE AND THEIR BIRD OR BIRDS THAT DONOT GO TO FINAL RACE WILL BE REFUNDED THEIR ENTRY FEE OF $300 PER BIRD
We are training the birds daily. We will start up highway 80 (longer tosses) next week. If spring like weather continues and training continues with 3-4 tosses from Boreal Ridge (145 miles), then a race before January is POSSIBLE – we will keep you informed.
14 October 2020
The birds are now trained out to Mare Island (about 20 miles). The birds training distance will be increased slowly. Results will start being posted on Wincompanion starting next week.
14 September 2020
VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE
As the proprietor and loft manager of the Top Breeder Challenge, I have made the decision to cancel the 2020 race and propose a yearling race to be flown in the first/second week of May 2021.
While this may not be what some fanciers like, my primary responsibility is the care and training of your birds. As most of you probably know, we have had weeks of very heavy smoke due to the massive fires in the northern California area. On many days, you cannot even see the sun. Training or racing birds in this environment would result in significant losses and likely damage the bird’s lungs and air sacs. I cannot in good conscience, train or even loft fly the birds on a routine basis under the current conditions; which will likely continue for a few more weeks.
I would like to fly a yearling race in May 2021. I will continue with loft flying and training when the conditions improve. My intentions are to get the birds up to 100 miles before the winter rains set in. We would pick up road training again in March and be ready for the race in the first or second week of May 2021.
I would greatly appreciate your, the breeders, input concerning the proposed yearling race. Your feedback will determine whether or not we have a yearling race, so please let me know within the next seven days.
Mike Cambra at: 707.291.7217
Mike Garrett at: firstname.lastname@example.org
02 September 2020
Training has started with first toss at 3 miles. Fires up north are 85% contained. Smoke has been bad with maybe 1/4 mile visibility.
Yesterday was a good quality air day. TBC will start posting results once the birds are out to 20-25 miles.
The smoke and air quality will determine if the birds are tossed or not
17 August 2020
Top Breeder Challenge Training Will Commence 01 September 2020
28 May 2020
TBC is extending the shipping of birds to 1 July 2020 due to the lifting of the Newcastle Virus in the Southern California region effective 1 June 2020
25 May 2020
The birds are loft flying in a group and the health is great. There will be an inventory around 1 June 2020
Replacement birds, if needed, can be sent by 15 June 2020
26 March 2020
You can still ship your birds to California. Apparently there’s been some rumor going around that the Post Offices weren’t accepting birds for shipment. That’s not correct. You can still ship your birds and they can still be picked up upon arrival.
22 March 2020
We understand the serious nture of the Coronavirus and hope all your families are safe.
At Top Breeders Challenge we are “Shelter In Place” but are still accepting birds and are extending acceptance date.
New Acceptance Date is:
31 May 2020
13 February 2020
TBC is now receiving BIRDS
100 BREEDERS EQUALS $100,000 WHICH EQUALS HUGE PAYOUT!!
100% OF ENTRY MONEY RECEIVED PAID OUT IN PRIZES
$50,000 GUARANTEED FIRST PLACE
(100 “A” BIRDS GOING TO THE RACE).
BEST PAYOUT IN ANY OLR WITH A 2 BIRD LIMIT AND ONE FREE BACK UP BIRD.
COMPETE AGAINST 100 BIRDS WITH A CHANCE AT $50,000
RACE WILL BE:
NOVEMBER 8TH FROM BATTLE MOUNTAIN NEVADA
ELEVATION 4511 FEET – 350 MILES – THE COURSE IS DUE EAST FROM PETALUMA OVER THE SIERRA MOUNTAINS (8,500 FEET)
22 December 2019
The 2020 Top Breeder Challenge Is Taking Reservations For The
Third Annual Race:
TO BE FLOWN ON 08 November 2020
Race Distance 325-350 Miles Receiving Birds February 15 – May 15 2020 Taking Reservations Now
THERE IS NO QUARANTINE in Northern California
$100,000 In Prize Money With 100 Breeder Signed Up
2 BIRD LIMIT WITH ONE BACKUP (NO PERCH FEE ON BACKUP)
PLEASE CONTACT MIKE CAMBRA DIRECTLY VIA PHONE 707.291.7217
2020 Top Breeder Challenge
Is Now Open For New Breeder Registration
Header Photograph Taken On 4 August, 2013 In Condoblin, Australia By Karen Tooth. The Picture And Article Appeared In The Condoblin Argus. 5,500 Birds Were Released By The Central Cumberland Racing Pigeon Federation – Bound For Sydney – About 300 Miles.
Web Construction & Design by: Mark Hernandez