14 September 2020

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE

As the proprietor and loft manager of the Top Breeder Challenge, I have made the decision to cancel the 2020 race and propose a yearling race to be flown in the first/second week of May 2021.

While this may not be what some fanciers like, my primary responsibility is the care and training of your birds. As most of you probably know, we have had weeks of very heavy smoke due to the massive fires in the northern California area. On many days, you cannot even see the sun. Training or racing birds in this environment would result in significant losses and likely damage the bird’s lungs and air sacs. I cannot in good conscience, train or even loft fly the birds on a routine basis under the current conditions; which will likely continue for a few more weeks.

I would like to fly a yearling race in May 2021. I will continue with loft flying and training when the conditions improve. My intentions are to get the birds up to 100 miles before the winter rains set in. We would pick up road training again in March and be ready for the race in the first or second week of May 2021.

I would greatly appreciate your, the breeders, input concerning the proposed yearling race. Your feedback will determine whether or not we have a yearling race, so please let me know within the next seven days.

Please contact:

Mike Cambra at:  707.291.7217

OR

Mike Garrett at: garrett904@sbcglobal.net

______________________________________________________________________________

02 September 2020

Training has started with first toss at 3 miles. Fires up north are 85% contained. Smoke has been bad with maybe 1/4 mile visibility.

Yesterday was a good quality air day. TBC will start posting results once the birds are out to 20-25 miles.

The smoke and air quality will determine if the birds are tossed or not

______________________________________________________________________________

17 August 2020

Top Breeder Challenge Training Will Commence 01 September 2020

______________________________________________________________________________

28 May 2020

TBC is extending the shipping of birds to 1 July 2020 due to the lifting of the Newcastle Virus in the Southern California region effective 1 June 2020

______________________________________________________________________________

25 May 2020

The birds are loft flying in a group and the health is great. There will be an inventory around 1 June 2020

Replacement birds, if needed, can be sent by 15 June 2020 

______________________________________________________________________________

26 March 2020

ALERT

You can still ship your birds to California. Apparently there’s been some rumor going around that the Post Offices weren’t accepting birds for shipment. That’s not correct. You can still ship your birds and they can still be picked up upon arrival.

______________________________________________________________________________

22 March 2020

We understand the serious nture of the Coronavirus and hope all your families are safe.

At Top Breeders Challenge we are “Shelter In Place” but are still accepting birds and are extending acceptance date.

New Acceptance Date is:

31 May 2020

______________________________________________________________________________

13 February 2020

TBC is now receiving BIRDS

100 BREEDERS EQUALS $100,000 WHICH EQUALS HUGE PAYOUT!!

100% OF ENTRY MONEY RECEIVED PAID OUT IN PRIZES

$50,000 GUARANTEED FIRST PLACE

(100 “A” BIRDS GOING TO THE RACE). 

BEST PAYOUT IN ANY OLR WITH A 2 BIRD LIMIT AND ONE FREE BACK UP BIRD.

COMPETE AGAINST 100 BIRDS WITH A CHANCE AT $50,000

RACE WILL BE:

NOVEMBER 8TH FROM BATTLE MOUNTAIN NEVADA

ELEVATION 4511 FEET – 350 MILES – THE COURSE IS DUE EAST FROM PETALUMA OVER THE SIERRA MOUNTAINS (8,500 FEET)

______________________________________________________________________________

22 December 2019

The 2020 Top Breeder Challenge Is Taking Reservations For The

Third Annual Race:

TO BE FLOWN ON 08 November 2020

Race Distance 325-350 Miles Receiving Birds February 15 – May 15 2020 Taking Reservations Now

THERE IS NO QUARANTINE in Northern California

$100,000 In Prize Money With 100 Breeder Signed Up

2 BIRD LIMIT WITH ONE BACKUP (NO PERCH FEE ON BACKUP)

PLEASE CONTACT MIKE CAMBRA DIRECTLY VIA PHONE 707.291.7217

OR

garrett904@sbcglobal.net

2020 Top Breeder Challenge

Is Now Open For New Breeder Registration 

————————————————————————————————

Header Photograph Taken On 4 August, 2013 In Condoblin, Australia By Karen Tooth. The Picture And Article Appeared In The Condoblin Argus. 5,500 Birds Were Released By The Central Cumberland Racing Pigeon Federation – Bound For Sydney – About 300 Miles.

Web Construction & Design by: Mark Hernandez